Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year Already

I can't believe it's already 2010. I'm getting ready to turn 30, my oldest child is 8, and I've been married for almost 11 years. Where does the time go?
Christmas this year was really enjoyable. We decided to go with a fake tree this year. Last year we ventured into the world of *real* trees and ended up with a dead Christmas tree lying at the back of our property for months. It provided a lovely smell for the Christmas season but the mess it made (needles dropping), the effort it took to set up (we couldn't find a stand and so attempted to rig our own), and the eventual disposal of it (that took months) were too much to bother with this year. My husband (Craig) and our three oldest children (8, 5, and 2 yo) put up and decorated the tree while the baby of the family and I recorded the process. All in all the tree went up smoothly, looked pretty (in the cheesy, christmasy sort of way), and everyone was happy.
Purchasing and wrapping presents were the main stresses of the season for me. Craig and I stayed up until at least 1am setting up toys, wrapping presents, and drinking/eating Santa's milk and cookies (well I couldn't eat them because of the baby's allergies, but Craig enjoyed them).
Christmas morning went off without a hitch. Everyone had fun, the kids enjoyed all their presents, and we had Nana, Papa, Uncle Mike, and soon to be Aunty Olga come over for a cooked breakfast courtesy of Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment