Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekly Panic Attack

The words "panic attack" may be a slight exaggeration, but I can't think of a better way to discribe the feeling of despair that arrises at least once a week when I realise what an enormous undertaking it is to home-school my children.  Sometimes it is brought on by the sudden realisation that we are behind schedule in a particular subject, or sometimes by the overwhelming amount of information that I sift through daily whilst choosing what to teach. What if I screw up? It's a terrifying thought.

Today's panic attack occurred when I realised that my 7 year old has not memorized our telephone number....does she even remember our address? I haven't checked lately. Since she's the only 7 year old I have daily contact with, I have no idea how this lack of knowledge compares with her peers. I guess we'll have to work on memorizing it this week - she may need it some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment